JOYCE'S SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN WINGS
These sweet and sour wings are such a favorite in our family. They are messy to cook and messy to eat, but they are so good! I've had this recipe longer than I can remember!
These sweet and sour wings are such a favorite in our family. They are messy to cook and messy to eat, but they are so good! I've had this recipe longer than I can remember!
- 5 lbs disjointed chicken wings
- water
- flour or cornstarch
- eggs
- oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- Boil the wings and then simmer for a little while.
- Beat 4 eggs into a bowl (may have to add more as you go).
- Place flour in a dish.
- Dip wings into flour and then the egg mixture.
- Place in frying pan.
- Fry until brown turning only once.
- Place into 9X13 cake pan single layer.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients into a pot, heat, and dissolve.
- Pour over chicken wings.
- Bake 300 degrees uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, turning often.
Comments