Thelma's Meatballs
I remember going to my friend, Dar's house in high school. Her mom made the best meatballs and I got the recipe from her years later... I love how seniors do "a pinch of" ... so here are Thelma's meatballs:
1 & 1/2 lb. hamburger
1/4 lb. sausage
1/4 cup evaporated milk
bread crumbs
1 egg
pinch of allspice
pinch of oregano
onion (if desired)
Mix all the ingredients together!
Use enough bread crumbs to make a firm consistancy
Shape into small balls and brown ( you can put them on a cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes at 375)
Put meatballs in serving dish
Gravy:
Add a couple of tabsp. flour to drippings in a pan.
Add aboout 1 cup water
Stir constantly
Add milk until the desired thickness is reached.
Put the meatballs back in the gravy and simmer a few minutes before serving over mashed potatoes or rice!
I remember going to my friend, Dar's house in high school. Her mom made the best meatballs and I got the recipe from her years later... I love how seniors do "a pinch of" ... so here are Thelma's meatballs:
1 & 1/2 lb. hamburger
1/4 lb. sausage
1/4 cup evaporated milk
bread crumbs
1 egg
pinch of allspice
pinch of oregano
onion (if desired)
Mix all the ingredients together!
Use enough bread crumbs to make a firm consistancy
Shape into small balls and brown ( you can put them on a cookie sheet and bake about 20 minutes at 375)
Put meatballs in serving dish
Gravy:
Add a couple of tabsp. flour to drippings in a pan.
Add aboout 1 cup water
Stir constantly
Add milk until the desired thickness is reached.
Put the meatballs back in the gravy and simmer a few minutes before serving over mashed potatoes or rice!
Comments